Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 20, 2012

Mountain Lion



Mountain Lion-New OS X-Brings amazing features to the Mac.



Mountain Lion brought a new amazing integration with IOS to the Mac.
They brought in all of the same apps, just in a different way.The thing I’m confused about is why they didn’t add the Multi-Touch Gestures to the IOS devices with IOS 6. But I predict that they will add that in IOS 7 and then I will be extremely pleased.

The new features included updates to apps in Lion plus 4 major new apps which are Messages, Notes, Reminders and Game Center. The only one of those that I thought was unnecessary is messages because it is possible to do that on your phone. Students would find it impossible to text in class, also with a phone, it can fit into your pocket. Mac? Good luck trying with an 11-inch MacBook Air. Notes is useful, but Apple already has Stickies so it is a copy of that but made into an app. Reminders, integrated with Notification Center is a great addition to the Mac. Game Center actually made it possible to play head-to-head without downloading something like Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/), also it tracks points and achievements.Notification Center helps alot when you have a busy schedule so it is a great addition. FaceBook and Twitter integration prevents people from getting to the site itself, causing people to be lazy. PowerNap is amazing because you always have to refresh after sleeping. I wish this was added to IOS! Gatekeeper probably isn’t totally going to stop hacked Mac’s but it will help stop hacking.
Also the price is a lot better than Lion's(19.99 vs 29.99)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment